Zetec and/or 1.8Si engine questions

stuartturrell

I have a few questions to ask you lot, still trying to solve my engine problems.

1. I have a 1.8Si 16v zetec engine, at the moment, when driving around in normal conditions, say travelling around 40mph, what temperature are you engines running on your gauge. Mine is running on the bottom on the norm area, just creeping into the lowest box on the gauge.

2. Where abouts is the fuel filter on the car? Under the engine or by the fuel tank?

3. Would you say the putting my foot on the acclerator and the car jumping and slowing down would be a sign of not enough fuel or too much fuel??

The problem is doing my head in and ford had not much success with it on friday, its due back in next week

I have a few questions to ask you lot, still trying to solve my engine problems.

1.  I have a 1.8Si 16v zetec engine, at the moment, when driving around in normal conditions, say travelling around 40mph, what temperature are you engines running on your gauge. Mine is running on the bottom on the norm area, just creeping into the lowest box on the gauge. - ok this is norm, around march time when temps rise yr gage will be around half way

2.  Where abouts is the fuel filter on the car? Under the engine or by the fuel tank?-yes on rear beam

3.  Would you say the putting my foot on the acclerator and the car jumping and slowing down would be a sign of not enough fuel or too much fuel??-sounds like leads to me do u get a slight hesitation on pick up??

The problem is doing my head in and ford had not much success with it on friday, its due back in next week

the leads, sparks, oil, o-filter, a-filter have all been changed to what ford and various people have suggested the zetec require.

I am going to change my fuel filter in a week or two, once the current tank of petrol has gone.

When ford had my car on friday, they said it was running lean on fuel, they cleaned the crankcase, breather and reset the plugs (one wasnt gapped correctly) and they also cleaned the HEGO sensort and checked teh wiring.

While all that cleared up the rough idleing, it did cure the main problem.

It tends to jump when pressing the acclerator and i find there is no power in the engine.

I also find when i decelerate, the car can jump around for a couple of seconds.

The thing is getting on my nerves a bit. Just cant wait to get it sorted, would rather not get rid of the car. Hopefully the new filter will solve the problem, guess not tho!