Is my amp / sub dead

Redsquirrel

basically last thursday went to do my boot install and discovered the sub had fallen over and made a hole through the cone. It still worked so i was gonna stick some tape on it for the time being.. i was well pissed but i probably could buy another cheap sub for around 50 quid.

Anyway did half the boot install and put it all back and tested the next day. Turned everything on, about 2 seconds later the sub kinda goes dead (made kinda a weird sound).

Tried and tried, and nothing made it work.

However after talking to some people online, they reckon the amp could be dead to. They told me to try some 6x9 on it, but i couldnt get them working.. im not even sure if they are being connected up right.

I mean, the amp is still powering up, the protection light dont come on and the fuse isnt blown.. but it makes me worry cos the 6x9s were not working (i just used standard speaker wire, that would be ok right?).

I will try test my gear on my mates stuff tommorrow.. but since i imported my amp from america for a large cost, i cant really do anything about that. The sub.. im pissed about but its cheap enough for me to replace..

any views? ;(