back to life gti

richmond

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondered where you'd been good work will it be at ford fair?

Was aiming for central day lol that's gone out the window but maybe classic ford

Good to see you still at it!

You going to the Harp on sunday?

No mate, on it all day Sunday want it done now :) or at least looking like a car lol

yer making a cracking job of this :thumb:

Cheers dude :)

The original AP Racing mk1 Focus RS clutch doesn't fit in all MTX75 gearboxes, so watch out! The Sachs aftermarket version of it does though.

Just looked back through some older pics on this thread and noticed you've cut away the crash barrier for the intercooler! I hope you don't crash or you may end up with an engine in your lap!

Yeh as I said it's gone but will be replaced. It needed to be brought forward for the intercooler. Thanks for the concern lol

How much power are you looking for? You can fit an intercooler underneath the crash barrier big enough for 300bhp.

Stu quick question.. Why does the ap clutch not fit? I've heard a few people say it now but I thought it would of been the same size?

The cover fouls on the inside of the bell housing.

Strange that is, I was going to buy one then I remembered lol, that would of been 400 wasted lol

Strange that is, I was going to buy one then I remembered lol, that would of been 400 wasted lol

To be honest I last encountered the issue back in 2004 and never really bothered to try and resolve it. I looked at machining the inside of the bell housing but the consensus at the time was that it'd most likely break through into the diff area. I was using an RS2000 gearbox. I'm not sure if ALL non-Focus RS MTX75's suffer the same problem. It might be worth asking somewhere like Passion Ford where quite a few people are using MTX75's now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...