FIFA 09

Chris_K

Who here owns the latest installment of the FIFA series, and do you play online?

Secondly, I have a few things to moan about!

Why, in manager mode, is every game in blazing sunlight. I was playing a UEFA Cup group game in mid November and it was bright sunshine. Like seriously, wouldn't happen!

Also has anyone cracked free kicks? I'm not a noob, I play on Legendary difficulty setting, but I just cannot score from free kicks, like ever! I've scored one via Damien Duff managing to miss kick it (blatantly) and it went in from some obscure angle!

Also what's everyone's story in manager mode? What team are you with, what have you won, what stars have you bought etc

I'm with Newcastle into my third season, which began yesterday.

First season I finished 14th in the Premier League but managed to save my job by winning the F.A. Cup! The job security was like 52% haha.

Second season went alot smoother, got European football from the F.A. Cup win and managed to reach the quater finals. Also finished 2nd in the Premier League table!

I've also bought a few stars;

Diego - £18 Million

Anelka - £12 Million

Walcott - £2.5 Million

Pederssen - £5 Million

R.McCartney (some random kid I found at left back, he's quality defo worth a buy!) - £1 Million

Gattuso - £5.5 Million

Beckham - £3 Million

Okay that's about it, cheers!

Chris

Edited by Chris_K

ive got it started to play manager mode earlier half way through first season job security is at 100% ive bought a couple of players that i scouted out won the league cup 3rd im premiership at moment and in 5th round of the f a cup every time i try to buy a player my offer gets rejected

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I know what you mean about the champions league thing, its not not realistic at all, its always daylight unless you play besiktas away and the final is always at the same shite stadium.

I also dislike the lack of proper stadiums, I wanted to manage tottenham (not a fan btw) but didnt fancy playing my home games at a stadium that looks nothing like white hart lane.

Can anyone remember the old official champions league game? and the Premier league game on pc? Loved those games as they were actually realistic.

Nevermind ey, will never change.