Rocker cover

McRic

Best thing to do is get down your local breakers yard and buy a second hand one to experiment on, the thing to do really is find a mate who, or his Dad or brother etc. work somewhere where they do powder coating, get them to have it bead blasted then coated for a few pints.......... :D When it's done swap it over then get the other one done and flog it on here at a tidy profit to pay for all your trouble.......... :D

I've done it on my car . Took the rocker cover off and degreased it. Once that was done used Steel wool to take current finish off and give a key for the paint to grip. Then I sprayed it with numerous coats of grey primer.These coats were all very almost transparent till I had a nice smooth covering. Left it 24hours then rubbed it with wet and dry 1500 grit. Then used metallic blue car paint. Used the same process to build up the paint layers. Again left it 24 hours then Sprayed it with laquer.

So far mine has stayed intact with a nice finish. I guess time will tell how it holds up.