upgrading gti brakes???????

HoldTilSold_co_uk

my gti has abs and pad sensors.

i wanted to fit rs2000mk5 front and rear brakes but the fornts i have had no wear sensors which doesnt bother me but will there be a light permently on in the dash if i remove them?

also the rears are gonne be a paint to change to disc's aint they?

IIRC, Mondeo 2.0 Pads will fit RS2000 Fronts, and you can get those with Wear Indicators. Ask at a factors. Take a RS pad and they should be able to match it. Rear discs is easy on a mk5, but you need a mk6 disc beam apparently. i thought they were the same...but i guess i thought wrong.

Fitting an RS beam will lose rear ABS. You can fit Focus hubs on the rear and have discs, but this will increase the offset if that bothers you.

IIRC, Mondeo 2.0 Pads will fit RS2000 Fronts, and you can get those with Wear Indicators. Ask at a factors. Take a RS pad and they should be able to match it. Rear discs is easy on a mk5, but you need a mk6 disc beam apparently. i thought they were the same...but i guess i thought wrong.

Fitting an RS beam will lose rear ABS. You can fit Focus hubs on the rear and have discs, but this will increase the offset if that bothers you.

rs2000 calipers are different to mondeo's but i havnt actually tried the pads!

i can buy some mk6 rs2000 pads with indicators but i have a virtually new set in the calipers in my shed already so wanted to use them and just take the wires off.

i think the rears are gonna be too much hasstle, its not a show car so not vital to have disc's on back anyway so will probably laugh that idea