Renaut Clio 2

caled

Hi all

Has anybody ever swapped over a set of headlights on a renault clio 2 (97-05)?

A french friend of mine needs her headlights replacing with european ones, after having swapped them for UK ones while they were over here.

When they originally came over, they were told by a Renault garage that it was a difficult job and would cost ~£100 to do (plus the stung her £300 odd for a new pair of headlights), made more complicated by the electronics and having to remove a substantial chunk of the car.

In the end they found someone who did the fitting for £10 amongst some other jobs, saying they knew an easier way.

Sounds like the Renault garage were laying it on thick and talking out of their rectums.

So, has anyone ever done this on a clio 2 before? Whats involved?

cheers :cheers:

Hi all

Has anybody ever swapped over a set of headlights on a renault clio 2 (97-05)?

A french friend of mine needs her headlights replacing with european ones, after having swapped them for UK ones while they were over here.

When they originally came over, they were told by a Renault garage that it was a difficult job and would cost ~£100 to do (plus the stung her £300 odd for a new pair of headlights), made more complicated by the electronics and having to remove a substantial chunk of the car.

In the end they found someone who did the fitting for £10 amongst some other jobs, saying they knew an easier way.

Sounds like the Renault garage were laying it on thick and talking out of their rectums.

So, has anyone ever done this on a clio 2 before? Whats involved?

cheers :cheers:

its jsut a case of replaceing the old ones with the new ones. I had to do so with my corsa coming from germany back to uk. But yes she would need new head light due to the reflective beam pointing in the oppisite direction.

Or cheap alternative is to get those kack sitickers on that lights but the french dont like it. :( ITs a problem most squaddies have if they dont have propper EU lights on.

Aye, Ive been mooching around a couple of renault forums, they seem to reckon that its recommended to take the bumper off by renault, but it is possible to remove the headlights without doing so. You can apparently access the bolts from underneath (just about).

Im assuming the electrics plug is standard and I wont need to swap wires around on the multiplug?