worn hub?

bongo

hey guys iv'e got a mk5 rs2k rear beam on my car,about 3 weeks ago the rear pass side bearing went(quite badly about an inch play) so i changed it,easy enough job,i then found out it had gone again last night! BUT when it was changed one of the new guides sat loosely in the hub,it wouldn't fall out but it was loose.am i right in thinking that my hub is worn and it has caused the bearing to go again?

thanks.

Edited by bongo

hey guys iv'e got a mk5 rs2k rear beam on my car,about 3 weeks ago the rear pass side bearing went(quite badly about an inch play) so i changed it,easy enough job,i then found out it had gone again last night! BUT when it was changed one of the new guides sat loosely in the hub,it wouldn't fall out but it was loose.am i right in thinking that my hub is worn and it has caused the bearing to go again?

thanks.

bearings run on racers so i am not sure if the inside of the hub will be worn maybe you did not fit them correctly or pack it with enough grease?

thanks.

bearings run on racers so i am not sure if the inside of the hub will be worn maybe you did not fit them correctly or pack it with enough grease?

whatever you call them, but you must be a mong to incorrectly fit a bearing they basically only go in one way and i used plenty of grease,its not the first time iv'e fitted one either.

thanks.

whatever you call them, but you must be a mong to incorrectly fit a bearing they basically only go in one way and i used plenty of grease,its not the first time iv'e fitted one either.

faulty bearings then? the guides/racers should fit tightly.. my be i am a mile off but i cant see the hub being worn thats why bearings run on guides/racers to prevent the hub wearing

not to familier fith the rs2000 set up but id be assuing ur problem is with the stub axle as apose to the hub

is this common? like i said above i had a mechanic fit the guides as im always worried about damaging them and when it was pre4ssed in it was loose in the hub, if you turn it upside down it woulkd drop 2mm and vice versa.

anymore info on the stub axle?