Diesel pump adjustment

jameswilco

It's only worth doing on a turbo to be honest, you won't get any gains from a N/A diesel by adjusting the fueling. Upping the fuel output will only create black smoke and lower you mpg, best bet is to fit a turbo, you can get very good results if the tuning is done right.

cheers for the quick replys, it was just something to do until i get all the info and money for a td lump that im after, while were on the subject of the conversions does anybody have pics or a little how to on swapping the solanoids between n/a and TD pumps? and if i get a post 1996 engine with a pre 96 pump i wont need to swap the wiring or ecu's?

There are 2 variants of the turbo charged engine. The 70ps without the cooler, and the 90ps with the cooler. Apart from the intercooler the 90ps motor has a different pump that has a boost diaphragm which is connected to the turbo via a pipe that basicly tells the pump to advance the on boost fueling, this is how it gets it's extra 20bhp. Thw wiring should be the same between the two but I would get the whole lot, engine, gearbox and loom so you don't run into any troubles. To increase the power output of the motor you up the boost to around 18 psi, you'll need a boost gauge and a boost controller for that bit, then you just adjust the maximum fuel screw in the pump, simple as that. Read this for more info: http://fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?tid/546541/