Need to re-attach a seat airbag cover

Circle8

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/LouiseAS/ABCD0018.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/LouiseAS/ABCD0016.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/LouiseAS/ABCD0017.jpg

Right guys I've got a par of Audi A4 seats that I want to fit in the Van. Trouble is the passenge seat airbag has been detonated & I need ideas on how to re-attach this cover. I've cut the bag out & just need the flap to stay shut. Obviously I don't want a load of screws showing but there's nothing inside the flap as it was just attached with thin bits of plastic which detached with the explosion. Inside is a steel plate to which the gas canistor is attached.

I was thinking of filling the area with expanding foam & filler or something & then glueing the flap down.

Any ideas on what filler/foam/glue I could use, or any other ideas? :cheers:

your hand seems to do the job well :P

I knew I'd get some silly answers. First one too, lol! :rolleyes:

use a hot glue gun to hold the flap down, seaming it up and holdiing it in place till it dries thats all i did

That sounds easier, I'll look into it & buy myself a hot glue gun! Cheers! :thumb:

What seats did you do this on BTW?

use a hot glue gun to hold the flap down, seaming it up and holdiing it in place till it dries thats all i did

Just had another look. I've not used a hot glue gun before. Are you sure the hot glue hold the plastic flap to seat material?

Edited by Circle8

Just had another look. I've not used a hot glue gun before. Are you sure the hot glue hold the plastic flap to seat material?

hot glue will hold anything to anything lol

That's what I wanted to hear! :thumb:

I set off the airbag myself! One pair of wires did the electric lumbar support & the other thin pair were connected to the airbag. I didn't know which was which & couldn't trace either as they disappeared inside. I wanted to test the lumbar & assumed that the thicker wires must be for the airbag.....wrong, lol! :pancake:

I set off the airbag myself! One pair of wires did the electric lumbar support & the other thin pair were connected to the airbag. I didn't know which was which & couldn't trace either as they disappeared inside. I wanted to test the lumbar & assumed that the thicker wires must be for the airbag.....wrong, lol! :pancake:

bet that made you jump :D

bet that made you jump :D

I was ready for it & kept out of the way, just in case! My ear was ringing for a couple of hours though!