Just fitted my 6x9s

John

i just bought my uncles MB QUARTZ 6x9s off him. i haven't got the exact model number to hand but they are pretty nice, he paid about £120 a couple of years ago for them sold them to me for £30 :D

he let me have the shelf with them too but for some reason the shelf is too small. is there a difference in the shelf from a mk5 to a mk6 or is it just cos his is the cossie?

i thought it was just front to back there was a difference but as i found on the way home tonight there seems to be a difference in width too! fecking thing fell through!

and the 6x9s seriously need a amp powering them! there is sod all bass to them and then they distort like fuk when turned up, but i connected them up to the amp i use for my sub and they sound spot on so it looks like i'd best figure out which way i wanna go with this thing

at the moment they r just running off the head unit (which is why they still sounding a bit dodgy) but when i tried them on my amp the other night yeah i did switch the filter to high and turned the bass boost off, it sounded pretty good really. i think i'm gonna stick with it a few weeks then see is MCS will do me a decent deal on a sub/amp and a stealth shelf for the 6x9s cos i'm getting well pissed off with the home made one falling out! then i'll use the amp that powers my sub at the moment to power the 6x9s :thumb:

that make any sense?! :P

well this is something i already know :P i just read in another post u r in norwich though! bit of a trek for it isn't it unless u know some cheap b&b out that way or u send me the stuff in a MFI stylee kit form with impossible to understand instructions :P

nah seriously though when the time comes to invest in it properly i'll be annoying fcuk out of u with questions and requests :P the installs i've seen pictures of that u have done all look class :thumb:

i thought it was just front to back there was a difference but as i found on the way home tonight there seems to be a difference in width too! fecking thing fell through!

and the 6x9s seriously need a amp powering them! there is sod all bass to them and then they distort like fuk when turned up, but i connected them up to the amp i use for my sub and they sound spot on so it looks like i'd best figure out which way i wanna go with this thing

the Ford shelf is a pile of shite. ive got the original shelf with Sony 6x9's and it falls thru daily. Its just too weak to handle the speakers. the only reason it dont fall all the way through is cos it just sits on top of my sub and leaves a Fcuking mark! (cos the box is cream colour). im hopin to redo my install for Interford and make it look really nice but practical (i tend to carry car parts and Shite).

mine is custom (home) made out of MDF, its plenty strong enough it's just the fact that for some reason ford seem to have decided to make the parcel shelf in the mk6 a completly size to the mk5 :nutter:

i was gonna invest in a proper stealth shelf before interford but with the amount of bills i've had to pay this week i've had to put it off, so just try to ignore the shelf if anyone looks at it on sunday :P