Flats!

ginger9991

Hi All! Im continously getting flat tyres! i have 6 in the last 6 months! 4 of them in a few weeks! Maybe the alloy is a bit sharp from kerbing etc? I have had them in shops and all sorts! Anyone had anything like this before? I only do motor way driving and not much of it so terran shouldnt be a problem! its happened to all 4 tyres and i replaced them all now so the old wheel would have done maybe 4k miles? problem still persists after new tyres!

somtimes on older rims, the inside of the wheel itsself gets crapped up over tiem, and if the alloy itsself isnt cleaned/scrapped properly the tyre wall dont sit flush againt the wheel causing a leak

Pretty much what this man said.

The inside of the rim corrodes and laquer peels.

You can take off the tyre and reseal it to the rim with bead seal (liquid rubber), or refurbish the alloys.

That's if you haven't cracked a rim or punctured a tyre.

Edited by sidrick

have u checked for cracks?

around the lip or middle side of wheels

somtimes on older rims, the inside of the wheel itsself gets crapped up over tiem, and if the alloy itsself isnt cleaned/scrapped properly the tyre wall dont sit flush againt the wheel causing a leak

You can take off the tyre and reseal it to the rim with bead seal (liquid rubber), or refurbish the alloys.

how does laquer peel do anything to tyre going down...

if i remember right ryo had lauqer peel and his werent leakin

Yeah ive looked for cracks and found nothing!

Laquer peeling on the inside of the rim means that the tyre does not have a flush seal with the wheel. Hence they can leak.

I hope you were just asking rather than telling me I was wrong. I'm Michelin qualified and used to do this for a job!