DVD ripping software

eetaylog

I used to use dvd decrypter to rip dvds to my HDD, but i heard that the project got shelved by the developers because of legalities. apparently they then started working on dvdFab (which i used to have but lost the .exe file), which used to be freeware, but now seems to cost to download.

anyone know what happened to it, or if there are any other decent dvd rippers?

AnyDVD (to remove DVD Copy Protection) + Xilisoft DVD ripper (Platinum)... Works fine on anything! (that you own a original copy of, for legal reasons...) :thumb:

MagicDVD is also amazingly good... Mainly because I wrote the only (so far) working crack for it... :pancake:

Reason I'd choose Xilisoft over MagicDVD is Xilisoft will encode to pretty much any video format you want... and has loads of presets for devices like iPods, Mobiles, PSPs, 360s, PS3s etc etc.

MagicDVD is a lot more efficient though... Can knock 10-20mins of encoding on an old Athlon without loss of quality! :thumb:

trouble is that Magic/AnyDVD arent freeware. obviously there are ways round this, but i wasnt going to bother seeing as there are freeware options available.

All sorted now anyway, DVDFab HD decrypter's DVD to HDD tool is still free in their trial version, so thats all i need anyway :cheers:

as far as encryption goes, ive got dvdshrink and xilisoft (as you know :innocent: )