Interior Colour Spray

Mike C

I've got a dashboard cover kit in racing blue 2 match my cobra buckets/ retrim, and i think the rest of the dash and the other hard plastic stuff would look good in silver with it, and 2 spray the dash, plastic parts of doorcards etc would be the best way 2 go.

I was just wondering if any1 has used interior colour spray, and if so could u tell me how hard it is 2 use etc? ;(

:D Cheers!!! :D

Ez Geeza,

just come in from doing my dash and bits n pieces. Duno how skilled you are at spraying but the best tip is take your time. Is too easy to skip corners and rush it, resulting in a sh*ty job.

I should know! if you rush it, you'll have to do it over and thats added time n money.

Have never used the interior spray before but have heard is ok - work in Halfords, customer comments etc.

You must prep up properly ie. sand all bits to be sprayed down with a fine grade sand paper. Once done that, rub it over with a cloth with some thinners on it - removes all dust and softens plastic enough so that paint sticks to it.

Coat with primer, sand it down, recoat, sand etc.

As I say, take your time and should get a decent finish.

Oh, let each coat dry thoroughly too, car paint is corrosive and is you put too many coats to soon it wont adhere and just run off.

Let me know how it goes.

Will post pics of mine when done/

Take it ez.

Nathan