wake up pc from standby with usb mouse

duffa

heres the problem , if i put my pc into standby i still have to press the power button to wake it up , how do i get it to switch back on by moving the mouse , i've looked in the computer management / device manager and it says i have a HID-compliant mouse , i've googled and found out that if its a USB mouse this should work >>> To manually enable the Wake from standby option for the USB mouse, start Device Manager, right-click the USB mouse driver, click Properties, and then click to select the "Allow this device to wake the system from standby" check box.

have i missed something ? , or do i have to go another way to sort it ?? ... many thanks for a solution :cheers:

Edited by duffa

ah.. maybe thats how when i right click on all my usb controllers in device manager and right click / properties / power manager ment ... all the ' allow this device to bring my computer out of standyby ' .. are greyed out ... ho-hum.. have to do it the hard way and press a button !!! Edited by duffa

ah.. maybe thats how when i right click on all my usb controllers in device manager and right click / properties / power manager ment ... all the ' allow this device to bring my computer out of standyby ' .. are greyed out ... ho-hum.. have to do it the hard way and press a button !!!

Lazy fcuker! :P