vista - driver probs

16Vrhys

just updated my ATI graphics software and drivers , the laptop used to be running xp and now is on vista , on restart the laptop would not load after start up vista logo bit and screen would just go back , tried driver roll back but cant click on it , can run it in safemode

tried installing the ATI drivers in task manger ( cant remmeber correct name ) where can see listed processors,drivers etc , and when restarted still had black screen and would not load

tried installing the ATI drivers in task manger ( cant remmeber correct name ) where can see listed processors,drivers etc , and when restarted still had black screen and would not load

also i cannot find the correct driver that works :( its radion x1600 for vista 32bt

if i cant get it sorted what about installing a fresh install where can i get this

Uninstall ALL the graphics drivers in safe mode from the device manager. Then reboot into normal mode. This will allow you to view via the basic drivers while you find the correct ones.

Just re read & seems you did this?

Odd.

Maybe other files have become corrupted & its not the graphics at issue here?

Since you are able to boot safe mode it seems not to be a hardware failure so your system is halting on something else.

You can boot into another mode (apart from safe mode) that lets you see via a dos like screen everything loading in. Doing this you should see at what point the system seems to halt?

Also how long are you waiting on the black screen? maybe the drivers are still installing & your stopping the process by rebooting?