central locking query

georgeh811

Behind the kick panel on the drivers side :) its a black box :)

i have took the panel off on my original car to make finding it easier but all that i can find is the fuel reset switch, no black box. my original car definately has central locking but i cant find the control box anywhere, trying to get this problem resolved before i scrap my old car tomorrow then i can use any parts off it that i may need

Its above that, ive just gone out and got a picture from t cabby

The fuel reset is at the bottom of the pic, and the central loking module is at the top

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/tomhicks1/DSC00292.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/tomhicks1/DSC00293.jpg

in your pic it is showing it just at the right hand side of the fuse box but on both of my cars there is no black box there, just an empty space, now i'm really confused, is there any chance that yours could be different with being a cabby? i have dropped the fusebox in the hope that it might be a bit higher up but still no luck, i know for certain that 1 of my cars definately has central locking that works spot on so cant get my head around where the box is

just to update, i removed all the wiring in the car that runs the central locking and it was wired into the loom that goes under the carpet inside the drivers door, the wiring was all ford labelled but even after looking behind the dash etc i never found the control box, i have since put the central locking mechanism and door loom into my drivers door and when you turn the lock you can hear it activate so i presume that if i work out how 1 activates the rest then i imagine that it should work regardless, would i be right?

• 5 years later...