Wireless trouble....

MIKE W

My pc was working fine wireless until i booted up this morning, now i cant find any wireless networks. I can connect to the net via Ethernet, the pc doesnt appear to be showing a wireless card in network devices/Device manager. Any idea's why it would suddenly just disappear/stop working? I'm on Vista and not so good working my way around it....

Im assuming by PC you mean you have a desktop, and it sounds like the wifi card has gone the way of the dodo.

Is it a USB or PCI wireless adaptor?

Either way, you can pick up a new one for less than a tenner from microdirect or aria in town.

Yeh it is a dektop mate...

It doesn't matter now though i have sorted it and it's all back up and running. Thanks for the reply though :thumb:

Out of curiosity, what was the problem?

Not quite sure tbh, i just removed anything connected to the device, drivers etc. Then reinstalled the drivers and re-added in device manager but was still getting the same error, so uninstalled from device manager but didnt delete the drivers, then rebooted the machine and windows picked it up and the drivers again that i'd put on there....

God knows why it stopped working in the first place :unsure: