flat spot

ponyhorse

got in my mk5 1.6 zetec and it had a flat spot betwen 3.5 to 4.5 tho revs so i disconected the MAFS and the car seems more responsive throug the whole rev range but is this ok or should i reconect it

Hello wlcome to the boards.

Thought most mk5s were cvh.

and i would reconnect it on ya zetec ???

Have a dinostic test that will tell u what the flat spot is

or just keep ur revs in a higher power band when driving

got in my mk5 1.6 zetec and it had a flat spot betwen 3.5 to 4.5 tho revs so i disconected the MAFS and the car seems more responsive throug the whole rev range but is this ok or should i reconect it

I had this with my old Mondy, with the MAF connected, ran like shite, dis-con it, was fine.

I put a new MAF on (about £70 from Ford :vangry: ) and it was fine :thumb:

ran data check on car at work to day only 1 fault coad come up , power stering presure sensor, so thats not it, noticed that the rubber air intake pipe that k&n provide is prety crap and thought it might be colapsing under load so put origonal pipe back on no diferance. checked plugs look ok. think it must be leads, dose this sound resnoble asumption or not :eek:

when leads have come to the end of the road..they tend to make your engine "miss" under load..the hotter they get the more you missfire...but tbh you'd notice if it was running on 3 for instance...id go with what Lee said and get a different MAS...even borrow a mates and put it on just to eliminate it

the combination of a very "conservative" map inside the ford ecu and a 1.6 zetec..equate to quite a uninspiring engine powerwise...the ecu map that ford write into its mainstream cars is kept at a minimum to allow for emmisions and also there not daft..the cars fuel map is for an economic family car that hopefully should last out a few years of shopping runs etc....just long enough for the ford warranty to run out and send you to the parts counter.....

its also written with a number of european countries in mind..so its good for a number of climates and conditions/emission laws etc...thats why you end up with naff flatspots...a nice unichip live mapped will eliminate all the annoying spots and give it the power it should/could have left the factory with

def matey...if it was the only engine mod you di to a 1.6 that wouldbe it...id go for the unichip thou..its pricier than the superchip..but its fully mappable...where the superchip can only have pre-written maps downloaded to it..so its not as flexible..the power to weight ratio in a fiesta combined with a unichip would be a big jump from what she has....id say go for it 100% :thumb: