SOMETHING DIFFERENT

Andyb0127

Thanks Yes I'm the painter who did it thing is with astons there paint work is actually dead flatted in the factory to remove any imperfections and peel in the paint then it's polished so the laquer is flat but there is a process Aston give us to follow when we flat and polish them.....

:drunk:

very good finish mate, but errr question about headlights? how come you didn't remove em to get an even finish in the headlight lips?? theres a possible chance that there could be overspray in there

Hi thanks in only reason headlamps are left in is because you have to remove front wings to get them out and which is not easy,ur rite there a lip there but it only small we use a trim lifting tape around headlamps which seals it prob not visible on pics but you don't get any overspray hope this has been of help to your questions.....

mmm. I've wanted one of these for a while. Will keep dreaming though

Not that keen on db9 the DBS is alot better but alot more money lol,don't take much notice of them when u work on them alot u get use to seeing

ah i see!!! bloody difficult way of installing a headlight, is there no access from inner front arch then?

yeh very difficult,no access from front even when underwheel arch shield is removed they put so much stuff in there access is impossible why they did it this way i dont know...

very silly! they should have used a headlight that slots into place in the hole!! only to be held in with a few bolts but aston being aston, they like to make things difficult!! was it easy to remove that front bumper?

yeh dont make it easy,front bumpers not to bad to remove takes bout an hour to remove all the bolts and fixings before bumper will slide off...

an hour? thats an hour wasted in bodyshop terms. but none the less an hour towards labour costs being claimed back from insurers lol

Yeh very true specially how much they charge per hour in bodyshop I work in,this one was actually a sales car and was havin stone chips done on bonnet,wings,bumper estimate was just under two grand to that lol...