Mk6 Rear Chassis Rail

nutta121

hi i have been searching for some replacement rear chassis rails for my Si but i cannot find any anywere, has anyone on here any ideas as to were i can get some from and if poss how much? the rear passengers side is shot and i know thats were they always go si instead of trying to badly bodge it up id rather get a replacement part and replace it rather that repair it as its going to have my litle one in now and again and i want it done strong.

the drivers side isnt to bad and could be welded but like i say im lost as to were i can get them from. i cannot find any codes on no websites that i have tryed so please if any one has bought some before the info would be greatfully recieved.

cheers guys :cheers:

hi i have been searching for some replacement rear chassis rails for my Si but i cannot find any anywere, has anyone on here any ideas as to were i can get some from and if poss how much? the rear passengers side is shot and i know thats were they always go si instead of trying to badly bodge it up id rather get a replacement part and replace it rather that repair it as its going to have my litle one in now and again and i want it done strong.

the drivers side isnt to bad and could be welded but like i say im lost as to were i can get them from. i cannot find any codes on no websites that i have tryed so please if any one has bought some before the info would be greatfully recieved.

Hadrian Panels used to have them on their website, but it looks like they've been removed.

http://hadrian.dominohosting.biz/hadrian/h...%20(02%2F95%3E)

You could send them an email to see if they've still got any.

Hadrian Panels used to have them on their website, but it looks like they've been removed.

http://hadrian.dominohosting.biz/hadrian/h...%20(02%2F95%3E)

You could send them an email to see if they've still got any.

ive droped them an email and now just waiting for a response but surley there has to be more than one place in the uk that has them lol

Well done for not bodging it. Easy enough to make if you're into that, made all the panels for mine, that was the first time i ever worked with metal and it came out alright :thumb:

thanks, i had thought about getting a sheet of metal and actualy trying to make one as ive got a gasless mig and all the cutting gear but not the knoledge on how to make it and for some time now ive been meaning to get a sheet of metal and mess about welding so thats always a thought. tricky bit i guess will be the bends no? :blink:

Well done for not bodging it. Easy enough to make if you're into that, made all the panels for mine, that was the first time i ever worked with metal and it came out alright :thumb:

thanks, i had thought about getting a sheet of metal and actualy trying to make one as ive got a gasless mig and all the cutting gear but not the knoledge on how to make it and for some time now ive been meaning to get a sheet of metal and mess about welding so thats always a thought. tricky bit i guess will be the bends no? :blink:

Yeah, you can get metal benders which you put in a vice which are suprisingly good for what they cost, i think you can get one for about 100 quid, might be worth looking at eBay, just a thought :thumb:

• 3 months later...

Yeah, you can get metal benders which you put in a vice which are suprisingly good for what they cost, i think you can get one for about 100 quid, might be worth looking at eBay, just a thought :thumb:

well its been a few months since even thinking about the dreded rot on the rear chassis rail but i have still been searching for some replacements and cannot seem to find any anywhere... a mate of mine mentioned that the mk5 chassis rails should fit ???? anyone got some clarification on that one as i can find mk5 rear chassis rails but nothing for mk6 at all...

well its been a few months since even thinking about the dreded rot on the rear chassis rail but i have still been searching for some replacements and cannot seem to find any anywhere... a mate of mine mentioned that the mk5 chassis rails should fit ???? anyone got some clarification on that one as i can find mk5 rear chassis rails but nothing for mk6 at all...

I think they would, Same floorpan after all

so if thats correct then there should be no reason why i cannot fit the mk5 rear chassis rails as hadrian have them on there website but no mk6's... my mates gonne have a word with ford when he gets bk to work but i recon ford will have discontinued them by now...

the only diffrence from mk5 to mk6 was only the front end being a smiley front if im correct? not totaly sure tho.

so if thats correct then there should be no reason why i cannot fit the mk5 rear chassis rails as hadrian have them on there website but no mk6's... my mates gonne have a word with ford when he gets bk to work but i recon ford will have discontinued them by now...

the only diffrence from mk5 to mk6 was only the front end being a smiley front if im correct? not totaly sure tho.

not everything mk5 was discontinued by ford

sorry i meant mk6 as for hadrian speak to ian @ rsturbos as i think he gets his panels from them if not he may know where to find them he is in bournemouth as well if u dont know

were would i find ian? is that the rsturbos website? or is he on here? thanks for the reply's i still havent had a reply from hadrians as yet but im still searching.