noises driving me insane!!!

gti1985

ok so since yesterday my car has started randonmly making a clunking oise, it sounded like the exhaust was hitting something but i checked it n its fine, the engine isnt flopping about and the suspensions just dandy. anyone got any ideas as to what it could be?

The beeping noise is whenever you open the door or lock it or start the car etc its not so much a beeping as a ticking noise

When does it do it? When steering, over bumps etc.

There's no specific time it just randomly does it and sometimes it doesn't. I can't pin it to 1 specific thing tbh, the guy I bought it from said he had just replaced the 9? Boots and wishbones or sumthing

That was supposed to say cv not 9v lol

ok so since yesterday my car has started randonmly making a clunking oise, it sounded like the exhaust was hitting something but i checked it n its fine, the engine isnt flopping about and the suspensions just dandy. anyone got any ideas as to what it could be?

The beeping noise is whenever you open the door or lock it or start the car etc its not so much a beeping as a ticking noise

does it have an alarm fitted??? cobra by any chance?

if so that beeping noise when opening/closing/starting the car could well be the alarm..

mine was doing it a few days ago

quick update, I can t get my car jacked up the now coz the guy i bought it from has put the wrong kinda jack in think its from a clio and has got a wee loop on top :S.

Does anyone know what this is?

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i429/baink2/IMG-20110613-00155.jpg

The wiring on it is well dodgy, could this be causing my rough ilde? everything else looks fine, as soon as i get a hold of a jack ill get the car up and have a gd look and take pics lol

Kl thanks, I 4got to mention the clunk happens when the weight of the car shifts forward, and it only comes from passenger sideil get a good look tomorrow

So under braking? Check your caliper and carrier bolts. Infact, give the whole front suspension a spanner check, top nut included.

Edited by Ahmotorsport