mk 6 1999 gti

Dazzville

during the MOT emissions test, the co2 rating jumps up and down from 0.3 to 13

the cat is ok, new lambert sensor, new idle speed controller(may have them named a lil wrong, not mechanically minded, just 5 mechanics have now drawn blanks lol)

additional info, when warm, and the new idle speed thing is plugged in, the revs go wild when warm, until eventual cut out,, the MOT guy suggested a new cat may help, but my mechanic mate, says it goes down to 0.3, so the cat is working, the problem seems electrical. dont have mega bucks to throw at her, any suggestions ?:)

also do the even have a diagnosis port, no-one seems to be able to find one, :)

during the MOT emissions test, the co2 rating jumps up and down from 0.3 to 13

the cat is ok, new lambert sensor, new idle speed controller(may have them named a lil wrong, not mechanically minded, just 5 mechanics have now drawn blanks lol)

additional info, when warm, and the new idle speed thing is plugged in, the revs go wild when warm, until eventual cut out,, the MOT guy suggested a new cat may help, but my mechanic mate, says it goes down to 0.3, so the cat is working, the problem seems electrical. dont have mega bucks to throw at her, any suggestions ?:)

also do the even have a diagnosis port, no-one seems to be able to find one, :)

Diagnostics port is in the passenger footwell in the side kick panel. It has a plastic cover over it.

• 1 month later...
Just to add for future ref,burn the lamba end with a blow lamp for a few seconds it works wonders,mine was doing the same as this tryed loads of things then this and it passed so dont go blowing your money thinking its the cat! just to add the part tht goes in the exhaust not the outside where the wires are!lol Edited by ekkie7