Clutch pedal right down on the floor..(Help needed again)

I'm pretty sure it does as you can hear it clunking up and down as I pull on it. Pretty sure I'm just gonna hand this one over to the mechanic as not sure I can contourt myself in to any more unusual positions. Qlso I need the car by the end of the week :nutter: really annoying. If I do take to the mechanic are they going to have to remove all the pedals?

if the pedal is moving then it may be just that it needs adjusting. as a rule new clutches will need adjusting to shorten the cable length then as the clutch wears (pedal gets higher)you will need to give it more free play(lengthening cable )if i remember you will have to wind the allen screw in to tighten cable.its possible that the quadrant has broken .the video you posted does make it sound tricky which it is the first time you do one but after a few you can do them without taking seat out or removing fuse box .its easier on manual adjusting pedals too ,yes you have to remove brake pedal and clutch pedal to change quadrant :thumb:

I'm gonna have to research it further but I've ran my finger along the quadrant and I can't feel any breaks. Am I right in saying it works on a similar principle to the throttle body and accelerator cable? If it attached in the same way to the accelerator cable then it definitely has become detached.... is there a way of reattaching it without removing everything?

I'm gonna have to research it further but I've ran my finger along the quadrant and I can't feel any breaks. Am I right in saying it works on a similar principle to the throttle body and accelerator cable? If it attached in the same way to the accelerator cable then it definitely has become detached.... is there a way of reattaching it without removing everything?

yes similar it comes from the baulkhean to the quadrant where it sits in a groove in the plastic it then runs around quadrant ,the end of the cable is like a allen bolt(but no threads) that locates in the end of the quadrant,which is a fork /u shapped end you will have to disconnect it at the gearbox end first then feed it through the quadrant and locate it in the fork then reconnect at the gearbox .you may have to adjust it to fit it back on

I'll have another play tomorrow. So nothing runs through that grooove on the quadrant then? As I say I can move the quadrant backwards and forward with ease so that can't be normal. Cheers!

yes the cable runs through the groove .it sits in in all the way round untill it sits in the fork/ushaped end in the quadrant. you can move it , the allen key screw just tightens it if its backed offf the quadrant will still move .they use the same quadrant as the auto adjuster but ford just removed the pawl and added a allen key bolt to adjust it rather than the ratchet system ,the quadrant will still have the teeth on it that used to engage with the pawl :thumb:

There's definately nothing inside the groove at present or the fork. Is this good news? So do you think I may be able to just pull the cable through the groove and re-attach it to the fork without removing anything? I'll remove the lower dash for better access tomorrow.

it will be seaier to disconnect it from the gearbox end first .then just thread it around the quadrant (this can be fidley)then clip into the fork at the end of the quadrant good luck :thumb: