mondeo tdci actuator

robbie

i have a mondeo which has a dud electrical actuator its a common problem by all accounts now from ford its over £700 and from a ford dealer its over £1000 as u cant buy them seperately only with a new turbo ebay has few for round £200 but does anyone know if u fit on from another car as a lot advertised are stating for bmw etc yet look identical would one of these work etc ?

Yep.

Worked for me.

Straight swap, no need to code or program anything as some people on other forums would have you believe. Just match all the numbers.

Also - have you read the codes ? P132A or B ? Have you disconnected the actuator arm and checked for free play ? Resistance ?

Yep.

Worked for me.

Straight swap, no need to code or program anything as some people on other forums would have you believe. Just match all the numbers.

Also - have you read the codes ? P132A or B ? Have you disconnected the actuator arm and checked for free play ? Resistance ?

it was put on diasnostics came up with the codes that point to actuator

will this one work as it looks identical to my one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turbo-Actuator-B...c2#ht_500wt_951

Yes it will. But before you spend a lot of money - Have you opened your actuator ? It can be as simple as a dry joint.

Does arm move freely ? Is your turbo reasonably clean ?

Also - don't buy from somebody who doesn't accept returns on £100+ item - doesn't spark much confidence...

P.S.

I had a nagging feeling about the numbers - Garret code 712120 isn't the most important number on your actuator.

You need to match the exact part no. of Hella electronics - most common is 6NW 008 412, but mine is 6NW 009 420 and that's exactly what I had to replace it with.

Edited by DaweV6

Yes it will. But before you spend a lot of money - Have you opened your actuator ? It can be as simple as a dry joint.

Does arm move freely ? Is your turbo reasonably clean ?

Also - don't buy from somebody who doesn't accept returns on £100+ item - doesn't spark much confidence...

P.S.

I had a nagging feeling about the numbers - Garret code 712120 isn't the most important number on your actuator.

You need to match the exact part no. of Hella electronics - most common is 6NW 008 412, but mine is 6NW 009 420 and that's exactly what I had to replace it with.

when u say arm i assume u mean the arm that goes from actuator to wastegate if so yes its free and turbo is reasonably clean with no play

am i able to put a manual actuator or replace turbo unit with a manul actuactor ?

Well it's not something I've seen done, but you could in theory. It would require quite bit of re-piping, different ECU, PCM and in the end they still have problems when vacuum diaphragm unit stops building up pressure over time thanks to equally cheap design.

Unless you can get one for free and have someone who knows what to do, I would just change an actuator.

am i able to put a manual actuator or replace turbo unit with a manul actuactor ?

Well it's not something I've seen done, but you could in theory. It would require quite bit of re-piping, different ECU, PCM and in the end they still have problems when vacuum diaphragm unit stops building up pressure over time thanks to equally cheap design.

Unless you can get one for free and have someone who knows what to do, I would just change an actuator.

i bought one from ebay this morning i was just wondering if it was possible once this actuator need to see what the car is worth