Diagnostic results,

MCCORNY11

412 Cannot control RPM during KOER high RPM check

116 ECT sensor out of self test range 0.3 to 3.7 volts

538 Insufficient RPM change during KOER Dynamic Response Test/Invalid cylinder balance test due to throttle movement during test

521 Power steering pressure switch (PSPS) not activated during self test

now i have been looking for a new or good used PSPS, will it be a ford only item? if so anyone know a rough price?

probably a stupid question but is the ECT buggered?

any help would be appreciated!

412 Cannot control RPM during KOER high RPM check

116 ECT sensor out of self test range 0.3 to 3.7 volts

538 Insufficient RPM change during KOER Dynamic Response Test/Invalid cylinder balance test due to throttle movement during test

521 Power steering pressure switch (PSPS) not activated during self test

now i have been looking for a new or good used PSPS, will it be a ford only item? if so anyone know a rough price?

probably a stupid question but is the ECT buggered?

any help would be appreciated!

For both 538 and 521 the correct time to perform these is near the end of the test cycle. The best way of finding out when this is is to run the test twice. On the first run do nothing except time from when you hit the test button to when the results get displayed. You will notice that during the test engine rpm rises and falls several times, then remains constant for the last part of the test. It is during the last 10 seconds or so that you need to perform the goose and steering tests.

Do the power steering test first. Turn the wheel to the extreme of it's travel and hold for a second before releasing, then stamp the throttle pedal hard down.

If both 521 and 538 disappear, then you can forget about this part of the test and concentrate on the other faults.

You will get 116 if the engine is cold, so make sure that you are up to temperature before running any tests. If you still get 116 then check for loose/corroded plugs before changing the sensor.

412 is more difficult. It can be due to air leaks, faulty ICV, or MAF.

Is this one of my readers? I sold about 20 of them to people on here, but can't remember everyone who bought one.