1.8 Engine Transplant

Dunk

Put a Zetec in it then!!

For a start you’ll need a complete 1.8 engine (from a like year mk5 not mk6!! btw) with all ancillaries i.e. both manifolds, sensors, switch’s, injectors etc etc. You’ll prob get away with your 1.4 box (unless you also have the matching 1.8 box) tho you’ll just have to suck it n see, deps how quick you want it to be lol, I think it should fit atleast tho. The engine mounts you’ll need from the donor 1.8 n I guess you’ll also want the box mounts to go with them. The gear linkage will stay the same btw but the exhaust down pipe n middle pope will be needed n then cut n shut to your back box. You’ll want the 1.8 engine-bay loom n you’ll obv need the 1.8 ecu aswell (now splice the 2)

Shafts I’m not sure about- only re length tho, if not just use the 1.8 shafts in your box (should fit straight into the hubs as most of the 1.3’s had the smaller outer drive spline n very few of the 1.4’s ever did (1.6/1.8’s r the same btw exc 130’s).

Rad will be needed n prob the fan n cowl as well also all the numerous diffo water pipes you’ll want ......and so on and so on zzzzz :tired: ........or just buy a 1.8 n be done with it lol :O