Key programming Fiesta 1997

killalot

It's a long time since I've reprogrammed a key.

As its a 1997 model, I believe programming of new or replacement keys is achieved via the red master ignition key and a sequence of turning the ignition on and off.

The red master key is required, otherwise it can not be achieved.

Use the red master key to turn the ignition ON to stage two and then OFF, do this ON and OFF sequence, possibly ten times, doing so, should enter the PATS module into programming mode, which is indicated by the LED light of the Ford Security system, I believe the LED light remain illuminated without flashing.

Once in programme mode, removed the red master key from the ignition lock and use the new key to turn the ignition ON and OFF again, possibly another 10 times.

Once the key code has been accepted, this is also acknowledged by the Security system LED light, it may flash.

I believe upto 4 ignition keys can be programmed plus the master key.

I'm not sure, but any existing keys may also require to be reprogrammed into the PATS module at the same time as a new key, otherwise they may be deleted from the system.

Without the Red master key, I believes it's a complete ECU replacement is required.

I believe the Ford Security Immobiliser (PATS) is contained withing the circuitry of the ECU.

Some early Fords, 1993-94 had seperate PATS modules, unsure as to whether the module was paired with the ECU or could be replaced individually.

It's probably possible to but an ECU and complete lock set with RED master key from ebay for £60

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400406431853?redirect=mobile