ICV Fault Symtoms

roboboyo

could a faulty icv cause an engine to shake at idle, when she is cold, as my 2ltr zetec seems to shake a bit, like its bubbling up, witch is getting on my nerves.

this only started happening after getting the correct maff for my 2ltre setup, it was not noticable when i was using the 1600 maff

Try resetting the ECU. Disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes should do it.

could a faulty icv cause an engine to shake at idle, when she is cold, as my 2ltr zetec seems to shake a bit, like its bubbling up, witch is getting on my nerves.

this only started happening after getting the correct maff for my 2ltre setup, it was not noticable when i was using the 1600 maff

thanks steve, will try that 2morro

still have this problem,

the car revs up and down, and the sound from the exhaust is like a cough, i have to re her to get her to idle right,

could this be a dirty icv?

cat converter perhaps,

anyone with some info?

still have this problem,

the car revs up and down, and the sound from the exhaust is like a cough, i have to re her to get her to idle right,

could this be a dirty icv?

the rev drops and just before it cuts out it revs up, the rev counter is up and down like a whores knickers, it drops below 800, and then goes up to 1000rpm

cat converter perhaps,

anyone with some info?

• 2 weeks later...

Buy a new ICV mate or just unplug the one you have now and see if the idle, albeit rubbish, is any better without it plugged in, if it is the chances are its gone, you could clean it in brake fluid etc but just get a brand new one. I got a pattern one for my car and it was spot on.

Even though it shouldnt affect this it did for me, when my lambda wiring was damaged my idle went up and down like a right bell end on cold start.

Just replace the ICV, thats my advise.