XR3i Problems - strange noise when pulling away in 1st Gear

famasfilms

2 weeks ago I bought a G reg xr3i 1.6 cabriolet, 70k miles and brand new MOT with no advisories.

This morning I noticed a strange noise when pulling away in 1st gear and bringing the clutch pedal up, a whirring brrr type noise.

Also, occasionally when pulling away for the first time after engine is turned on the car will judder quite heavily before I have enough speed to move into second and drive away as normal.

Edit* Oh and also when I think about it, the car judders whilst driving and slowing down....eg If I'm in 5th gear going at 40mph and speed drops to 30, then it is usually necessary to move into 3rd gear in order to speed back up...I thought nothing of this judder, just assumed it was due to driving an older car but perhaps these are all linked

2 weeks ago I bought a G reg xr3i 1.6 cabriolet, 70k miles and brand new MOT with no advisories.

This morning I noticed a strange noise when pulling away in 1st gear and bringing the clutch pedal up, a whirring brrr type noise.

Also, occasionally when pulling away for the first time after engine is turned on the car will judder quite heavily before I have enough speed to move into second and drive away as normal.

Edit* Oh and also when I think about it, the car judders whilst driving and slowing down....eg If I'm in 5th gear going at 40mph and speed drops to 30, then it is usually necessary to move into 3rd gear in order to speed back up...I thought nothing of this judder, just assumed it was due to driving an older car but perhaps these are all linked

Might be coming up to needing a new clutch.

5th gear at 30mph, i should imagine that it would judder.