Sound ICE Advice!?

Matt19

Im currenly converting my boot into a mobile epicentre! and need some advice! Ive decided to run a couple of 12 inchers, looked at, and very keen on the JBL 1600W jobby or Pioneer 2000W beast. Just wondering if anybody had these in their boot. They look nice on paper but wat are they like in the real world!!??

Or if ye got any other suggestions. . .im all ears

Cheers Matt

Sounds like its gonna be rather bassy :D

make sure u fill the boot with sound deadening before doing anything.. nothing worse than a rattly rear end with the subs pumping. :thumb:

heres a pic of mine.. not the greatest components but do their job well :)

141c112a.jpg

i've got a pioneer ts-w121spl(the 2000w item that u mention) that i'm in the process of fitting in at the moment.

with the rate i'm going at building the box and then planing out how i'm going to lay the boot out for the finished install i might be able to give you some kind of report by 2005 :thumb:

Edited by Tiddles

Thanks for the posts :D

Here's some replies!

> Simple but very smart boot layout there, thats the kinda thing im doing, (well trying!) Sound deadening! hadnt thought of that yet nice 1 :thumb:

> Thing is, them pioneers are DVC, so can i run 2 subs off 1 amp or can i only run 1? cos i thought the DVC dropped the ohmage???

>12" jona lomu fusion's bit over my budget!

>No Pics but i will endeavour to take some, i havnt done anything to the bodywork, standard finesss in black...Im a sound man as you might have gathered! although i am looking at getting some GTi skirts and dropping her a couple of inches (all in goos time tho!)

Sounds like its gonna be rather bassy :D

make sure u fill the boot with sound deadening before doing anything.. nothing worse than a rattly rear end with the subs pumping. :thumb:

heres a pic of mine.. not the greatest components but do their job well :)

141c112a.jpg

how did you do that?

Any chance you could give us a run through of how you did it or a link to a guide perhaps?

:D

i did'nt take any pics/steps by step diagrams of it.. i basically got some rough measurements and did it step by step, workin through Obstacles as i hit them.. i am stripping it out in a couple of weeks, cos i have got a leak in the boot, i'll take some step by step shots which may come of some use for someone :thumb: Edited by ANT