Technical Question

ANT

right..

my brother got a sony MP3 head-unit a couple of months ago and ever since i want one!! my birthday is coming up and gonna get one, but..

on his one, when playing an mp3 album which was originally a mix cd. there is a second delay between tracks X( it sounds shite..

anyone else whos got an mp3 headunit got the same problem? if not which make do you have?

cheers guys

ANT

same when u listen to the tracks o the computer cos a normal cd they chnage the delay between tracks from 2 secs to 0 so making it one long track

mp3s as they are files, and on a cd there is no option to make them into one long track, cos u right the cd a data cd, cant chnage the delay gap to anything cos they just files,

it migth be option on the headunit that might help but im not sure, the only why i ca think of is to get some sort of software that groups the 20 odd mp3 files into one mp3 file, but then u get the shitty thing, that u cant jump to the next track or the number 10 if your on 3 etc, cos its just one file,

My Kenwood MP3 has fucked right up in less than 2 years :vangry:

However I have never had any probs with Kenwood before. The benefits of MP3 far outweigh not having continuous tracks IMO - especially seeing as I also have a 10 disc in the boot :P

depending on what software you use to burn the disks their should be a delay option. u can set it to 0, 1,2,3,4,5 etc second delay between each track...just set it to 0.

nero definatly has that option.

ive got a clarion MP3 headunit.....ITS THE NUTS!

The delay of a second can not be reduced, its varys between head units. This gap is caused by the headunit reading the header of the MP3 file to memory before it plays.

as i said in my post the only way is to record all the tracks into one track