Bloody Kenwood

white_van_matt

My Kenwood Z838w MP3 player has got serious issues ;(

It keeps cutting out the CD at random intervals, and only comes back on sometimes when you smack it. It's also making circular scratches on the top of the CD ?(

And my sub sometimes cuts out at high volume, and gets really loud when you press the attenuator ;(

So much for top of the range eh!

Bloody Car audio shop has gone crap too - they were excellent when I bought my entire system off them a couple of years back, and now they are telling me its gonna be 5 working days before they can even give me a quote for fixing it :curse:

It's so depressing putting so much time, effort and money into something and then seeing it go to pot like this ;(

i know wat u mean bout kenwood mate, im havin terrible trouble wit my cd player.

i linked my sub (10" vibe) to the front pre-outs but wen it gets to a certain volume the sub gets stuck on a certain bass tone n the only way to stop it is to turn off the power. :nutter:

If i switch the vibe to 180* instead of 0*(this a switch on the built in amp) the sub dont get stuck on a tone but the bass is well off!

Yet on the rear pre-outs the sub works fine, and the damn screen cuts out now and then so all i can see is black!

got it from bass junkies and they have tested it and are tellin me its fine and wont replace it. not impressed :censored:

Oh, and if anyone got any ideas on thses probs, plz give me a shout!!

cheers

ive got the kvtm700 motorized head unit,cost me 775 about 2 years ago,tis the nuts my friend 7'screen tons of adjustments for amps etc.its hooked upto a dvd player in the glovebox and screen has been totally stealthed with aid of an old keycode ford radio face :D

You mean it was stealth I think mate :eek: :D

My Kenwood Z838w MP3 player has got serious issues ;(

It keeps cutting out the CD at random intervals, and only comes back on sometimes when you smack it. It's also making circular scratches on the top of the CD ?(

And my sub sometimes cuts out at high volume, and gets really loud when you press the attenuator ;(

Bloody Car audio shop has gone crap too - they were excellent when I bought my entire system off them a couple of years back, and now they are telling me its gonna be 5 working days before they can even give me a quote for fixing it :curse:

It's so depressing putting so much time, effort and money into something and then seeing it go to pot like this ;(

well obviously the cd is catching on something inside the h/u (maybe the lazer lens bit) wen its playing and thats prob wats causing it to cut out.

as for the sub, silly q but is it wired through an amp?

i know wat u mean bout kenwood mate, im havin terrible trouble wit my cd player.

i linked my sub (10" vibe) to the front pre-outs but wen it gets to a certain volume the sub gets stuck on a certain bass tone n the only way to stop it is to turn off the power. :nutter:

If i switch the vibe to 180* instead of 0*(this a switch on the built in amp) the sub dont get stuck on a tone but the bass is well off!

Yet on the rear pre-outs the sub works fine, and the damn screen cuts out now and then so all i can see is black!

got it from bass junkies and they have tested it and are tellin me its fine and wont replace it. not impressed :censored:

Oh, and if anyone got any ideas on thses probs, plz give me a shout!!

cheers

the sub should be fed from the rear pre-out or a dedicated sub woofer pre-out anyway m8 ?(

My Kenwood Z838w MP3 player has got serious issues  ;(

It keeps cutting out the CD at random intervals, and only comes back on sometimes when you smack it.  It's also making circular scratches on the top of the CD ?(

And my sub sometimes cuts out at high volume, and gets really loud when you press the attenuator  ;(

Bloody Car audio shop has gone crap too - they were excellent when I bought my entire system off them a couple of years back, and now they are telling me its gonna be 5 working days before they can even give me a quote for fixing it  :curse:

It's so depressing putting so much time, effort and money into something and then seeing it go to pot like this  ;(

well obviously the cd is catching on something inside the h/u (maybe the lazer lens bit) wen its playing and thats prob wats causing it to cut out.

as for the sub, silly q but is it wired through an amp?

Yeah, thats what I reckon too.

The sub is externally amped yes ;)

Got a mate of a mate having a look this week now, so hopefully *fingers crossed* should be sorted soon X( :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...