which tyres are best

marcus

my alloys should be arriving next week and i cannot be arsed saving for tyres so im gonna credit card'm. i can get 4 toyo proxies T1-S for £254 from My Tyres and then pay another £20 for fitting at a local garage OR i can get 4 yokohama A529 for £265 fitted from this garage. Theres not much price difference and i cant find a site which gives ratings for each tyre.

Im thinking that the yoka's will be better as My Tyres sell toyos for £63.50 a piece and the yoka's are £83.40 a piece

Ive not made this into a vote thingy cos i want peopls opinions with reasons and not just a vote

Cheers

Marcus

got toyo`s on my car got them for my tyres too .

good tyre great grip but cause there a soft compond tyre they don`t last as long as say a bridgestone.

but i always say you get what you pay for.

Toyo

http://www.reifentest.com/cgi-bin/autotest...03z117z108&&&EN

gives you the testing readings

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's in my opinion, better all round grip and braking grip in the dry and wet than the Toyo's and they last longer due to a harder compound.

Toyo's are cheaper due to their popularity but are too soft if you are a spirited driver. The Yoko's are more a dry weather tyre than an all year round one and could lead to some hairy moments in the wet.

As said, you get what you pay for. (GS-D3's :thumb: :D )