Rear Wheels catching

DAVE W

I can get rid of my arch lip completly, but am very limited with pushing the whole arch out as the bond between the fibreglass arches and metal may split ;(

Be brave and rip it out :devil:

As long as you are willing to give me ££££ for lots of fibreglass work, then another respray.... I would :thumb:

I'm looking at some 7.5 x 19s (225/35 tyres) ..... and I think they will just fit as the wheels are 0.5 inch narrower than Sime's Kahn's and I'll go for a tiny offset, space them out so they are as near to the inside of the arch as possible.

If I've done all I can and they still rub, I'll get some 215 tyres instead. If it still rubs..... F**K! :D

As long as you are willing to give me ££££ for lots of fibreglass work, then another respray.... I would :thumb:

I'm looking at some 7.5 x 19s (225/35 tyres) ..... and I think they will just fit as the wheels are 0.5 inch narrower than Sime's Kahn's and I'll go for a tiny offset, space them out so they are as near to the inside of the arch as possible.

If I've done all I can and they still rub, I'll get some 215 tyres instead. If it still rubs..... F**K! :D

Surely a bodyshop would be able to advise you better ?(

as for the 19's :eek: are you mad? :P go for the 215's anyway :thumb:

Surely a bodyshop would be able to advise you better ?(

as for the 19's :eek: are you mad? :P go for the 215's anyway :thumb:

Yeh I'm mad! :D

A bodyshop will charge me ££££ because they won't chance cracking the arches.

I can do all the archwork myself, took a couple of months but I've thought of a great way to secure the f/glass arches with no arch lip :)

And I like tyres outside of the wheel 8) Nowt to do with curb protection, just looks 'right' to me :thumb:

I can do all the archwork myself, took a couple of months but I've thought of a great way to secure the f/glass arches with no arch lip :)

you got cossie arches or cyclone ones?

Cyclones, they are riveted to the lip and bonded inside :thumb:

I'd love to know how cossie arches are secured if they aren't held up to the arch lip, they must weigh a bit! :eek: