Rear Wheels catching

DAVE W

I have the same problem! My solution was to get some 80 grit paper and sand back as much of the fibreglass as possible. My arches are now in line with the standard metal. :thumb:

How are your rear arches fixed on? I know they are blended at the top, but are they riveted / screwed onto the underneath of the metal arch lip (like mine)? :)

EDIT: Roll fibreglass....... snap! :(

Edited by Ex-Finesse

Could ya put bigger bumpstops on the shockers ?(

you can get some of those bumpstops that coil around your springs, im after some. My mate has fitted them ont his Charade and what a difference, the T*at lowered the back and stiffened the front but didnt stiffen the back so he keeps spinning out the tw*t :nutter:

be the same as what ralph said really but alot quicker to do

Mine took 10mins, and that was only a couple of mins sanding because it was a windy day. One breath of fibreglass particles and your fucked! ;(

Dave, I am v. interested how your arches look, with 18s spaced out an inch at the back :eek: :thumb: :thumb:

Shoulda looked at FITP :nutter:

be the same as what ralph said really but alot quicker to do

Mine took 10mins, and that was only a couple of mins sanding because it was a windy day. One breath of fibreglass particles and your fucked! ;(

aye a m8 of mine was working in a warehouse roof a number of yrs ago (hes an electrician) and a lot of fibreglass fell on him, which he ended up breathing in. his lungs havent been the same since, he was coughing up fibreglass for yrs after.

Shoulda looked at FITP :nutter:

yeah from the pics you looked very busy trying to catch the attention of Miss Jackster' sister :innocent:

Nahhh! No honestly I wasn't, lovely girl though! Maidstone / Medway girls are lifeless compared to essex girls and some other areas of kent.... Faversham, Ashford, Ramsgate :D

Sime is there a chance you could list your arch mods for me :cheers: Would be v.. grateful if ya could :thumb:

Sime is there a chance you could list your arch mods for me :cheers: Would be v.. grateful if ya could :thumb:

yes, some gentle persuasion was needed :D

So the arch had to be pulled out as well as the lip grinded away? :O ?(

I can get rid of my arch lip completly, but am very limited with pushing the whole arch out as the bond between the fibreglass arches and metal may split ;(

Edited by Ex-Finesse