New tyres

Cossie Dave

Not to worry mate, I'm putting a claim in against the council for it cause my car had only been out of the spray shop for about a week

dya think they''ll cough up?

surely doesnt matter if it had only came out 1 week or it was an old banger? ?(

I know what you mean, even if it was standard paint they should still pay.

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but round here (North east) they dig the road up to take the top layer off then just leave it with gravel all over and sins saying 'max speed 20mph - no road dressings'. When it got hot all of the tarmac melted onto the tyre, then the stones stuck to the hot tarmac. I now have tar up my front wing, sideskirts and some on the door and some on the wheels. The inside of my arch seems to be ripped apart cause the arch liner has started to come away, not a hard job to fix but at the end of the day I shouldn't hae to. All this as while doing a max speed of 5mph, much to the annoyance of the people behind who proceeded to press the horn and flash lights, this in turn recieved a flash of the middle finger and an angry face.

i think you'll find if the council have giving warning about roadworks on that road (therefore giving u the option of usuing that road or not) then you aint gonna stand a chance with the council.

Bob hope n no hope

Not necessarily, Ross. :thumb: I had a large chunk of cast iron penetrate my new tyre (It's always the bloody new one that gets múllered :nutter: ) a couple of years back. 8o

The piece of metal had been broken off a drain when that big scraping machine thingy did the road surface prior to resurfacing. :vangry:

They have a liability to ensure that the road is fit unless it is completely closed, and "loose chippings" or "road works" is a warning sign (triangular) only. It doesn't exempt them from responsibility. I know this cos I got my tyre replaced :thumb:

I'm guessing that it was just you Carl that had the unfortunate incident of a burst tyre??

I'm imagining that then every single car over a period of however many hours on this 'melting' road will now require a respray then costing the council thousands ?(

Feel sorry for people in that council tax area X(

I'm guessing that it was just you Carl that had the unfortunate incident of a burst tyre??

I'm imagining that then every single car over a period of however many hours on this 'melting' road will now require a respray then costing the council thousands ?(

Feel sorry for people in that council tax area X(

OMG I see what u mean bud 8o

Hopefully, the contractors used the wrong materials and their insurance is liable. I wouldn't want to answer that phone call whoever's fault it was :O