some wheel questions

Chappers

thinking of getting some new wheels but i'm not sure about a few things

1) if i get 17s how much will they cluck up my performance, considering i have loads of torque cos i have TD

2) if i got 16" cossie rims what size tyres would i need to stop then ruining the performance too?

3)anyone in essex want to lend me some 17s for about an hour to try out?

:thumb:

LOL just noticed that because i've recently put som 195/60 R14s on then a move to 205/40/ r17 will change the diameter by 6mm so it won't make a difference..

also the change from my old 14s to the new 14s didn't change my performance at all... must be another great advantage of having diesels!! :P

going from 14's to 17's WILL/DOES make a difference, i have recently done this and there is a big difference, you loose loads-o-power, it is especially noticable when accelerating, i dont know how it effects top speed as ive only gont upto since having the 17's on. dont forget, 17's will be wider and much heavier

17s probably will still make a noticable difference. You have got more torque being a diesel, and it's the torque that bigger rims swallows up, so should help to counter it a bit, but for a 1.8td, the torque is more, but not huuuuuge like say a Cossie. U pu 17s/18s or whatever on a Cossie and u won't notice a difference cos the torque figures are massive.

:thumb: