Rev Counter

dazzler24

Tacho isn't cable driven, its electronic.

It'll either work or it wont, mine doesn't but everything else does. I need to get round to wiring the fcuker in really, think its just a case of taking a feed wire from the ECU :thumb:

It'll either work or it wont, mine doesn't but everything else does. I need to get round to wiring the fcuker in really, think its just a case of taking a feed wire from the ECU :thumb:

I meant wire, no cable :P

It'll either work or it wont, mine doesn't but everything else does.  I need to get round to wiring the fcuker in really, think its just a case of taking a feed wire from the ECU  :thumb:

Aha, Matt my friend - you have a 1.4 PTE too, do you not? Not that it should matter, as I think the wiring on all multipoint injection (mk6's at least) should be the same for this.

Wired mine in the other day straight from the ECU and works great - ignore everyone else's advice about feeding from the engine bay and listen to me, it's so much neater & quicker! :P :lol:

Just need to tap into the black/white wire leading out of the ECU (behind the passenger footwell coverplate) and feed that directly to the 'S' (signal) on the back of the tacho, or to the correct pin on the multiplug connector strip if you've already got a redundant wire there (mine was 5 up on the blue connector strip from memory, but no pin or wire there so went straight to tacho instead).

Note there are actually two wire bundles leading out of different holes on the bottom of the ECU mounting, one nearer the door and one further back into the footwell. Both have black/white wires too :nutter: The one nearest the door isn't the one you want as typically that was the one I tried first, so unwrap some of the electrical tape from the furthest bundle from you and tap into that. I'd been putting off wiring it up for ages as I didn't want the hassle of running another wire through the bulkhead and then playing with coil pack outputs - but a glance at Haynes gave me the obvious solution :thumb:

Edited by simion_levi