Fitting quad morettes.. HELP !?!?

Timmy C

Ok, ive been trying to fit my morettes today, ive sorted out the indicators.

First problem i ran into is that the bumper needed moving to get the old headlights out. :O

Now im trying to fit the morettes in and i cant close off all the gaps and the bottom mounting skrew does not line up! :vangry: :nutter: :curse:

Also i didnt get any instructions so if anyone could guide me on the wiring it would be very useful. I have some idea but i dont want to risk blowing them up :devil:

Any help would be greatly appreciated and will be rewarded with pics when finished.

Ok ive got them fitted  :D

But i still dont have anything to help me with the wiring, im gona have a go my self!! If some one has any guide or diagram it would be greatly apreciated......................

here ya go matey

morette fittin guide

this is on the how to section on here mate! hope it helps ya

Thx for that link! :thumb: I did a search on the site but didnt find that....

Anyways, its sorted!! just gona give it a clean then i ull take some pics. Im lovin them :D :D , i recon quads are a must for any mk6/7 modder!

Oh and do the outer lights do the 'side light' and 'head light' function and then do the inner ones kick in too for the full beam?

Oh and do the outer lights do the 'side light' and 'head light' function and then do the inner ones kick in too for the full beam?

That's right.

I was hoping all 4 lights would come on as normal headlights, but told it might use too much power! X(

Edited by Ex-Finesse

If i dare take them appart i might hook up two halo angel eyes in each headlight for the side lights, Im kinda hoping Lambo will do a how to for it :thumb:

Heres a pic of them taken with my phone so its not too good...

m1.jpg

On this one you can see that the paint hasent really come out right, im hoping that when I t-cut the laquer in 2 weeks it will look better...

m2.jpg

Now ive seen how much better quad lights make your front end i think im going to scrap the idea of a more aggressive bonnet.

My paint looked like that cos I sprayed it at about 10 degrees one damp morning :roll:

1200'd over the whole lot, then some G3 compound and finally Autoglym's polish brought it up a treat :thumb:

T-cut won't do owt mate. Get some fine sandpaper from Halfords and have a go where the original indicators were, nice and flat so easy! 8)