FAO Es Cos Al n anyone else

K3V HA

Went up to Motorsport Developments today for the cars check up and set up. Left Stu to do his work and went and wasted 30quid on gamblers and bowling in Blackpool!! LOL.

Went back and had the results, the chip that was fitted had a boost cut (which was what i was callin overboosting) at19psi, the car was peaking 21 and holdin 18, so that explained what was happening last week. It also running very lean on full load!! 8o :O 8o As an example, an engine gets it peak power at 0.85 on the AF monitor, which is usually when its at its leanest, the engine should not go above this as it could melt big style, mine was showing 0.95 8o 8o 8o 8o

The main problem was that the fuel pump could not provide it with enough fuel, so he turned the boost down to13psi, so an uprated one is on its way to mefor tomorrow, once this is fitted the boost can be upped again to 18psi with the current chip, or an MSD one will be fitted along with a -34 actuator for 22psi 8)

All in all, ive spent 250quid today, but its saved me a possible bill of 2k plus!! 8o 8o

K3V

PS. oh and Al, the clickin noise that we heard on Saturday, was the amal valve, it hadnt been disconnected when the chip fitted!! :roll:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great news. :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

need to name a shame to cowboys who worked on it before :censored:

Was a local garage in crewe i think, cant remember the name :curse: It said Collins Chip on the receipt, but was a superchip!! :O :curse: :roll: We think one of the previous owners has swapped it, or tried to turn the boost up them selves!! :rolleyes:

The good news is that Stu reckons its a good un, everything else is fine, the gearbox is strong, no noise/rattling anywhere, and the quickshift is the best he's driven, unfortunatly for him, i dont know which one it is!!!! :roll: :roll:

What sort of BHP will you be running when this is done, quite fancy getting mine a bit higher soon  :devil:

It WAS RR's at 283bhp mate, at a conservative guess, its now about 240-250bhp, although when its chipped at MSD it'll be around 280bhp!! :cheers:

Mmmmmmmm, mine is in the 270's quite like the idea of trying to get to 300 ish, I know thats not the easiest thing to do with small turbo models, but i have heard it done. And with your spec (turbo/fuel pump & 22psi) I thought you may have been nearer the 300, but that was only me assuming :(

Mmmmmmmm, mine is in the 270's quite like the idea of trying to get to 300 ish, I know thats not the easiest thing to do with small turbo models, but i have heard it done. And with your spec (turbo/fuel pump & 22psi) I thought you may have been nearer the 300, but that was only me assuming  :(

Have a word with Stu at MSD matey, im sure he could sort it out mate! 8)

:thumb: Nice one Kev, nice to see what is going on under the bonnet! Good news all in all really, sounds like someone has had some bits out,do you think it was the previous owner?

I'll have to get mine on the rollers to see what it's pushing.............but for now mines plenty quick enough :P