what throttle bodies will fit a 1.6 zetec

jim16v

is it worth me changing throttle bodies?? i have an induction kit and cold air feed alreadt and cat back exhaust but i just want it to be a bit quicker off the mark so i can beat my mate in his 1.8 si and wipe the smile off his face :D

either that or are there any other ways to gain more power from my engine?

You're not gonna beat a 1.8 unless you spend a good £2k on headwork, cams, chip and exhaust manifold.

Even then, you'd be very lucky to see 115bhp, so even then you won't beat him!!!

Don't waste another penny "tuning" your 1.6.

Swap to a 130 1.8 lump, or 2.0L if you don't mind a bit of extra work.

My insurance will go up by 20% changing from 1.6 to 2.0L, and that's an any driver FC policy!! With some no claims and under your own name, it should be less.

My 2.0L conversion should be complete for about £750, and that includes a contingency! :cheers:

the only thing you could do (other than zorst filter chip which are all daft as the engine is really good apart from its tiny valves... you can fit the most expensive induction kit and full stainless system but its a waste of money asthe head is the weak point) nitrous is an option but unless its a fully serviced low milage minter it'd show up any flaws in the engine really really quickly! as said don' tbother really... i know its crap but i've got the same problem as you... could always save up #995 and have JDMsport fit you a full RS2000 engine conversion

My insurance will go up by 20% changing from 1.6 to 2.0L, and that's an any driver FC policy!! With some no claims and under your own name, it should be less.

Oh yeah insurance ?(

not even inquired ! just chucking the 2.0l straight in with a few mods lol :))