mk6 steering wheel

danmk6trx1

had a bit of a funny five minutes this mornin and knocked my tracking out and the steering wheel was miles away from being straight. i took it 2 a tracking place and they have set my tracking back up so the wheels point straight but the steering wheel is still really far out from central. is it possible 2 take the steering wheel off and put it back on straight??? if so how do i do it..??? the airbag puts me off cuz i dont really wanna tamper with it but if its gotta b done then its gotta b done!!

To take the wheel off is easy, disconnect the battery so you dont set the airbag off. There is 2 small (8mm or 6mm cant remember) bolts at the back of the wheel which hold the airbag on, undo them and give the airbag a bit of stick and it should come off. There is a big 14mm bolt if i remember right that holds the wheel itself on, undo this. Then turn the ignition to the second setting (Where the lights would fire up if the battery was connected) and wobble it side to side while yanking it, and eventually it will come off :D . Edited by Muzz