ICV

Dai85

Just replace it with a brand new one if you have the money, thats what i did because if i just cleaned it then it may happen again some other time. By replacing it the idle is absolutely spot on.

I also just took it to the garage to have it done because its a cnut to get to i think, from the pics in the tutorial it looks like mine is mounted in a slightly diff place, maybe thats why i couldnt get to it after hours of trying. (I went from the top btw, didnt see how you could get to it from the bottom when it was up on the four poster at the time).

Anyway yes if you have the money replace it but its £80 for the part and probably you will pay between 1 and 2 hours labour charge if you dont do it yourself.....

By the way if you have the engine with the big EFI thing then ignore what i said above and do it yourself because its Pee easy!

the zetec e one is a Cnut. i cleaned mine, it improved it but its still shite. just get a new one. it isnt to hard to do once u know how. there are two bolts holding it, for the top one u can go from the bonnet side. as for the one underneath, its best to get under the car.