Bike hits car @155mph (ish)

Al

The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

crash2.jpg

crash3.jpg

crash4.jpg

The crash scene.

upplandsbrobil463.jpg

8o How shocking is that?

least it would have been quick :rolleyes:

that reminds me i found out what happened to that poor biker i saw a month ago. He misjudged the speed of a vehicle infront of him, hit it up up the back, over the handle bars, into the path of the oncoming sainsbury lorry

sorry to hijack the thread but i didnt feel it needed a new thread

8o 8o 8o 8o

bet they blamed the car driver too :rolleyes: :nutter:

This topic has 'been doing the rounds' on a forum or 2, you always get some bright spark that seems to blame the car driver. :rolleyes: There is no excuse for that biker doing that speed, even on a quiet motorway would be suicidal.How many car drivers get to judge a small object like that bike approaching at around the 150mph mark?........madness.

Edited by Al