steering column not straight ?

majorj0nny

Ive noticed recently that my hazard switch (what I take as the center of the steering column) aint in alignment with the center of the mph clock in the center of my console... if ya know what I mean ... its slightly to the left ... and the gap round the column is further left than right...

what could this be due to ?

dunno.

but to fix it, take off the steering column shrouds an there should be two nuts (cant remember if they are tens or thirteens). slacken these and then the column will move from left to right. the rest is self explanitary.

the instrument cluster suround may have to come off as well but i cant remember.

dunno.

but to fix it, take off the steering column shrouds an there should be two nuts (cant remember if they are tens or thirteens). slacken these and then the column will move from left to right. the rest is self explanitary.

the instrument cluster suround may have to come off as well but i cant remember.

ok thankyou ... depending on how much of a ball ache this looks like its gonna be, I might save this job for when Im doing other things that require me to take the instruments off too...

i aint hard at all tbh and u dont have to take out the insturments.

ok I did this today ... at the same time as I was replacing my indicators/wipers stalks...

It was dead easy with the 2 big bolts and the column slid across nicely - but I got the impression the wheel pivoted ... I cant help thinking its slighting pointing towards my driver door more than it should be (assuming it supposed to point straight back inline with the car?