ERF ECT tractor unit

sutty2006

probably cos some cnuts like us in cars tend to think a wagon can stop or manouvere as quick as a car/van.... :rolleyes:

that must be why we are labeled 'proffesional' then :thumb: :blink:

I drive like a Cnut quite often, normally when car drivers, like most, have no understanding of how you should act round trucks, fucks me up :thumb:

my point exactly lee..i aint perfect..far from it, but being round trucks all my life(my dads been driving them for 30 + years)

i have gathered an understanding of them..and i always take the drivers into consideration when im round them...eg at juntions and on roundabouts...i always give them plenty of space..and i always give way to them.. :innocent: :thumb: :D

indeed.

For example,

Truck approching roundabout, leaves appropiate braking room, car pushes into that braking room, truck can't stop, ploughs into car and kills em, people blame the trucker...............trucker is obviously a 'Cnut'.......madness.... X(

Edited by Lee R

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a lot of things that depend whether truckers drive like cnuts. First if its an OWNER driver they wont drive like a cnut because its there 70 grand life style. Second, 9 times out of 10 car drivers dont know how trucks perform. Eg braking distance, cornering diffuculties etc.

I dont know what happened to this one. Personally i dont really want to because its me that has to work on it. The front tyres are bald, and the o/s/r outer tyre has blown out. Considering the front end is covered in grass and chunks of mud i guess its gone off the road and tipped over. Not a nice feeling.

That looks a nasty crash. It's not like there's ever much in a lorry to crumple before the cab, in this country anyway.

probably cos some cnuts like us in cars tend to think a wagon can stop or manouvere as quick as a car/van.... :rolleyes:

that must be why we are labeled 'proffesional' then :thumb: :blink:

I drive like a Cnut quite often, normally when car drivers, like most, have no understanding of how you should act round trucks, fucks me up :thumb:

my point exactly lee..i aint perfect..far from it, but being round trucks all my life(my dads been driving them for 30 + years)

i have gathered an understanding of them..and i always take the drivers into consideration when im round them...eg at juntions and on roundabouts...i always give them plenty of space..and i always give way to them.. :innocent: :thumb: :D

indeed.

For example,

Truck approching roundabout, leaves appropiate braking room, car pushes into that braking room, truck can't stop, ploughs into car and kills em, people blame the trucker...............trucker is obviously a 'Cnut'.......madness.... X(

I do that all the time, I mean leave the lane clear if a truck's in it that I've overtaken, approaching a roundabout. But I think I do it because I have a fear of being run into the back off.

not everybodys that considerate tho blairm....i could name a few incidents ive seen and been in...road accidents that have been caused by car drivers...

example truck on 3 lane roundabout in outside lanegoing round ..needs the middle lane as well for trailer...car pulss into the inside lane,in the trucks blindspot,gets caught under the trailers crash bariers..everyone blames truck driver.

to be fair tho..most coppers(not all!) understand this at the time cos they have to take advance driving courses that learn you about this stuff...

Edited by marshy

sometimes i admire the tight corners truck drivers get round. ;)

theres a T junction on the way out of my work, two lanes out, 1 left and 1 right turn, only one entrance, and the amount of pricks I see go right up to the line when there's an truck waiting to turn into the road is unbelievable. In those cases it's up on the kerbs for the trucks. Showing some courtesy aint a bad thing, staying back a metre or two aint a big hassle!

i have heard they'll be changing the driving test theory section and some of the road section to take into account HGV's so drivers can learn and understand the what's and wherefore's of lorry driving from a car drivers point of view so they don't endanger themselves and the lorry drivers un-neccessarily. Car drivers put themselves into some daft situations near lorrys just to save what, 20 seconds??? madness

3 Points to anyone that can Guess who drives Trucks or has some sort of conection with them in this post :roll: :roll:

Altho i agree some drives are annoying people around trucks altho they are annoying people around other road users and shouldnt be allowed on the road for example someone doing 30mph down a slip road onto a motorway and then braking at the end of it like someone did in front of me today :blink:

The mind boggles it really does

3 Points to anyone that can Guess who drives Trucks or has some sort of conection with them in this post :roll: :roll:

no contest..we give it away!! :D can we win your car instead of points dave?!! :D

Altho i agree some drives are annoying people around trucks altho they are annoying people around other road users and shouldnt be allowed on the road for example someone doing 30mph down a slip road onto a motorway and then braking at the end of it like someone did in front of me today :blink:

The mind boggles it really does

i had some guy cut right across in front of me on a roundabout yesterday..PILLOCK!! :curse:

and two guesses as to ethinicity!!(sp) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Edited by marshy

I spot a new ECT cab in your 2nd pic.

Is a new cab going on it?

If so, is it going to B P Rolls? probably as I think you're Southampton-ish based?

Looks nasty, but not un-repairable :)

Whether it's economical is another matter! Are ERFs even made now? I remember about 5 years ago a massive hole was found in the accounts where the Directors were covering losses, etc. :)

Then it got bought by MAN....

If so, is it going to B P Rolls? probably as I think you're Southampton-ish based?

Whether it's economical is another matter! Are ERFs even made now? I remember about 5 years ago a massive hole was found in the accounts where the Directors were covering losses, etc. :)

afaik theyre still producing then just not by erf anymore by man as you say...

3 points if anyone can tell me what e.r.f stands for?????? :D

afaik theyre still producing then just not by erf anymore by man as you say...

3 points if anyone can tell me what e.r.f stands for?????? :D

Edwin Richard Foden. Im not sad honest :blush:

All the trucks there are for parts. My boss likes to buy them and sell parts off them to make money. I get the nice job of stripping them :(

Not based in southhampton. Stoke more like. ERF was bought by the german company MAN in 2003. The ERF ECT is an MAN TGA with different badges.

Edited by sutty2006