what will fit?

John

hello ppl

right i'm in need of serious upgrades in the way of speakers, if possible i'd like to keep them in the standard positions. what is gonna fit in there? some spotty little teen in halfords told me that "u can get these plastic things that fit in the place where they are now but then u can fit 17cm in there front and rear"

but he couldn't tell me anything apart from that so please can someone help me out here!? if 17cm are possible then what kinda speakers to go for? surely mounting depth is gonna be important?

give me some clues ppl, i'm getting well pissed off with the clicking coming out of my speakers!

cheers

john

The spotty gimp is right :roll: You can get adaptors that fix where the standard speaker fittings are and enable you to fit 17cm speakers. You have to be careful with the depth though, cos when I put some in the window hit the back of the speaker and wouldnt wind down ;( There was a thread on here somewhere about it but I cant find it now :(

cheers for that pete :cheers:

ok so anyone got any recomendations as to what to go for? i notice a lot of ppl keep banging on about infinity but due to my sheltered life i lead i haven't heard any!

not so fussed about what they cost but nothing too stuppid please! always worth spending a bit extra if they are gonna sound the dogs and last well :)

john

I got some Alpine :suprise: speakers for the front and rear of my Mk5, I had to use those plastic adapters to fit 'em too. But when I tried to move 'em into my Mk6, the rear plastic adapters didnt fit! Apparently you have to chop out a little bit of the circle to get em to fit in ?(

I just got my front ones in and kept the rears as standard. To behonest, I didnt notice a lot of difference between my standard fronts and the Alpine ones :suprise:

Jordan

well i agree the standard ones ain't bad but mine keep clicking, maybe just the tweeters or something but i figured if i'm spending money changing them then i might as well go all out and do it properly and besides no doubt standard ford ones cost Shite loads anyway.

any more ideas?