Help Wanted!

nj1979

I have been reading in Performance Ford and various Internet sites/forums that installing a 2.0 Mondeo or rs1800 throttle body is a decent mod to make, the trouble is that I just cannot get hold of one! Does anyone have one available or know where the best place to get one is without paying the earth for it? My GTi already has an K&N induction kit, Mongoose exhuast system and chip, and I wanted to add a throttle body b4 I upgrade the cams etc.

Help appreciated!

PS Thought I would post this hear as it gets more reads than the modifications forum.

search this forum for Wyn his BBname is 900ss

private message him he will talk to you and you can pay with credit card over the phone..

mine arrived in 2 days and was 35£ very good IMO

fitting is a piece of Pee and more info can be found on this focus website..

http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/65mm.htm

it required a chip remap, to make any extra power, the powerchip was remapped to the fuelling level of an rs2k or near enough, and the fuel filter was checked in case it was blocked because it could be a cause for detonation...

all in 6 hours of rolling road/ tuning time and 550£ and that included the 300£ for the superchip itself..

NewTBH.jpg

New Throttle Body Sitting on top of my rocker cover before fitting

Toolsetwithbit.jpg

The tool set with lots of bits one of those fitted the star headed bolts

bracketthatswap.jpg

The bracket on the throttle that needed swapping with the old one

twotbhtop.jpg

The two Throttle bodies top view (they look pretty similar) not much difference at all)

TwoTBHbottom.jpg

The two TBH bottom view where the size differnce is more apparent the rhs is 2lt

u can see the difference in the bracket in the twotbhtop pic

its in the right place its just the bracket has a square hole and the esc one has a round kinda hole

newtbhinpos.jpg

New tbh in position and screwed down

:P