XBOX COD4 [EVO]

foxdie

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its just my cars, i've spent ages tweeking them, i used to play all the time with some friends about 6months ago - and we got really competitive, im ranked top 100 lap time on laguna seca on Class C in world - well i was about 5 months ago, i've probably slipped now, i pretty much went a bought everycar in the game, and modified them to various levels to see which car was best at each class. I then downloaded the tunning spec from users who'd posted up their configuration on the leading laptimes in simliar cars, then tweeked them for my own driving style. What i've got left is a selection of cars perfect for me in each class. (and not much money left in the bank)

Anyone want good idea's on cars to start looking when tuning:

Elise's

Mugen Range

Pug 206 (not 207)

Renault 5 turbo

CLio 197 cuo

-What makes a good race car is light weight, and the fact it isn't a high class to begin with, which means you can do more to it and still keep it under 550points (class C) or which ever other benchmark.

-Always put the forza splitter on the front and spoiler on the back. These mods actually renmove points, which means you get the benifit of better downforce with the ability to pump more points into performance/handling

-First things first when tunning a car. I max out the handling/brakes section - with full lightweight. Make the tyres as big/wide as possible, this aids traction and balance in points pretty means its free also, on some lower classes i wouldn't bother with sporty tyres, later on its a must. Then any points left over i pump into performance. I'd avoid turbo'ing it unless you've got alot of points to use, supercharge is great for smooth linea power delivery. do not do power train swaps unless you know what your doing, must uprated units actually produce less than the oringinal modified.

-Tweek the car. Double the stiffness all around, and lower the car til it hits the bumper stops on the corner kerbs. If its RWD change the diff settings negectively on both accelerate and decelerate, just keep testting various Diff levels until you find your fav. It will stopp the rear end coming out round corners, but will also make the car feel less agile as its harder to bring the front round. Just play til you have a good balance.

-Learn to drive with the stability control, and traction control off, this will teach you to do more than just floor it out of the corners. So when you are racing competitvely with traction control you can advoid the system cutting power all the time. Driving without ABS is something i have not mastered yet.

Next one. Wednesday 19th 2100hrs. COD4 first. Then Forza. Make sure you have a Class C, B, A, S, & U already made and tuned, try to keep the colour scheme for all your classes the same for consistancy so we can recognise each other on the track. My colour scheme is black, with single white viper stripe.

Im willing to buy, and tune anyone a car who needs one.

NP. PM me the kind of cars you want, RWD, FWD, AWD etc etc. What class you need made for, if you have a specific car in mind. Whether you want me to concetrate on handling, top speed, aceleration or a good balance - i'll need to know becuase only have limited points to use. Im back home Monday so can gift it to you later that evening. I explain how to receive cars if you dont know.

Im available tonight to do some colour schemes for people. Just Gift me over your car with a broad idea. Heres mine in various classes:

Mini - Class C

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/foxdie_gti/mini.jpg

206 - Class B

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/foxdie_gti/206.jpg

Integra - Class A/S

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/foxdie_gti/integra.jpg

CLK AMG - Class U

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/foxdie_gti/CLK.jpg